t0et0e
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Port Forwarding Guide

Go down

Port Forwarding Guide Empty Port Forwarding Guide

Post  t0et0e Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:49 pm

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE MADE THIS GUIDE MODELLED ON THE NETGEAR VMDG480! ALL THE LINKS ARE FOR THAT MODEM/ROUTER, THE STEPS WILL BE THE SAME FOR YOUR OWN ONE, JUST DIFFERENT LINKS, BUT FOR THE SAKE OF EXAMPLE THIS IS THE PROCESS!

Find your Modem/Router from the list

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Skip the advert as it is free (top right hand corner)
choose the program, ie for this Battlefield 1942

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/VMDG480/Battlefield_1942.htm

read this page carefully! it advises how to DMZ your computer, I found this very straight forward using my Virgin Superhub, but as most of you will have a different Router/Modem there isn't much help I can offer without knowing your model, PM me if you need help or use Google

Download the static IP program

http://portforward.com/help/setup_static_ip_address.htm

Follow the instructions, but as with all Freeware it will try and install some bullshit toolbar and change your homepage. To stop this, tick custom install, then untick both options so it simply installs the App. You also need to unblock it by any firewall/virus program running, as it will want to access your internet ports. Once installed, find it in your Start menu/Programs/Portforward.com.
Again, when you run it, your Firewall will pop up! So just allow it, as it sends requests.

Then follow the instructions from the Download Page or just see at bottom of the App, where it says your IP is...Dynamic, click change to Static

One thing to note, you are not making your actual internet IP (external) Static! Only your PC connecting to the Router (Internal IP)! Static Internet IP's are becoming more and more rare and costly as ISP's are actually running low on number combinations, to issue every user a sole IP, also they know most static IP'S will be used for Servers and they can make money off you by charging it like a business!

So when you have applied your Static Internal IP, make a note of it, something like, 192.168.0.150

Ok so you should be done with Static "IP'ing!", head back to Battlefield 1942 Port Forward Guide

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/VMDG480/Battlefield_1942.htm

Make sure you then enter the last numbers of your Static Internal IP in the box IE ".150", all this does is further down the page, put the numbers you need to type into your Routers Port Forwarding Page, idiot proofing!

Ok, the next step requires entering your Router Setting's Page IE 192.168.0.1. You need the log in details that would have come with the set up package, or if you changed them hopefully you know it, often the default is very easy, username often is admin and password can be anything like...1234, admin, or something else basic.

Follow the guide, it is easy once you find the right page, IE Port Forwarding in the Router, it will need you to enter 3 sets of numbers to open those Ports,

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IS PRIMARILY FOR MY OWN REFERENCE AS I WILL BE MODIFYING MY OWN DMZ AND PORT FORWARDS DEPENDING ON MY RIGS' NEEDS IE HOSTING FROM PC OR LAPTOP

FIRST PORT
NAME= NAME1, START PORT= 14567, END PORT= 14567, PROTOCOL= BOTH, LOCAL IP ADDRESS= 192.168.0.(150 PC/151 LAPTOP)

SECOND PORT
NAME= NAME2, START PORT= 14690, END PORT= 14690, PROTOCOL= BOTH, LOCAL IP ADDRESS= 192.168.0.(150 PC/151 LAPTOP)

THIRD PORT
NAME= NAME3, START PORT= 23000, END PORT= 23009, PROTOCOL= BOTH, LOCAL IP ADDRESS= 192.168.0.(150 PC/151 LAPTOP)

****FOR SWITCHING HOSTING MACHINE CHANGE DMZ ALLOCATION BETWEEN 150(PC) & 151(LAPTOP)****

And you should be good to go!

Best advice, get yourself Battlefield Server Manager (BFSM) so you can have more say about your Servers Config and Stability,

t0et0e
t0et0e
Admin

https://t0et0e.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Port Forwarding Guide Empty Battlefield 2

Post  t0et0e Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Port Forwarding For Battlefield 2

I will list a series of lines here that will show you exactly how to forward the ports you need to forward. Battlefield 2 requires you to forward the 80,1500-4999,16567,18060,27900-27901,28910,29900-29901,29910,29920,55123-55124,55215 ports. Go ahead and enter the settings shown above into the Port Forwarding menu and then click Add.

I have also changed the "Name1" to "NameA" etc, as I have BF1942 Ports open, and these are 3 names already using "Name1" etc.

The Protocol will all be BOTH, the IP Address will depend on your config but for me, 192.168.0.151 (Laptop) or 150 (PC)

Name= NameA
Start Port= 80
End Port= 80

You should see another page of settings that need to be entered into one of the blank lines on your routers Port Forwarding page. Go ahead and enter those settings and then click Add.

Name= NameB
Start Port= 1500
End Port= 4999

You should see another page of settings that need to be entered into one of the blank lines on your routers Port Forwarding page. Go ahead and enter those settings and then click Add.

Name= NameC
Start Port= 16567
End Port= 16567

Name= NameD
Start Port= 18060
End Port= 18060

Name= NameE
Start Port= 27900
End Port= 27901

Name= NameF
Start Port= 28910
End Port= 28910

Name= NameG
Start Port= 29900
End Port= 29901

Name= NameH
Start Port= 29910
End Port= 29910

Name= NameI
Start Port= 29920
End Port= 29920

Name= NameJ
Start Port= 55123
End Port= 55124

Name= NameK
Start Port= 55215
End Port= 55215
t0et0e
t0et0e
Admin

https://t0et0e.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down